Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Rachel's Offer

Being preoccupied with too many activities, the CS was unable to address issues with Rachel until recently.

Having been frequently in and out of the office, I still managed to notice that Rachel was pouting over the Mona situation. For all of the opportunities at work, its not without its obvious downsides. The "rules" have to be modified in a way since you have to work with someone on almost a daily basis. As soon as something turns sour, there is nothing worse than having to see or work with that person over and over.

Rachel has a boyfriend of her own and is well aware of my status. So the right to be jealous is limited to a certain degree. Then again, jealousy is such the human emotion that intentionally flaunting sexual intimacy with another is highly "uncool." Paradoxically, such flaunting seems to bring even more sexual opportunities from the same people who are upset at you. Although discretion is my choice, the alternative might be acceptable to many others.

In any event, I wanted to make sure that Rachel knew that Mona's appearance was not orchestrated. So I decided to take her out for an extended lunch. There is no purpose to lie to her about Mona and I had no intention of doing so. Rachel knows me to well by now and would see right through that anyway. So she asked questions, I was completely honest, and as soon as she understood that it was an unintentional fiasco, things changed. The hot part of it was that after she relaxed, she began to ask me questions about Mona... how she was, what she did, where we did it and how? The more we discussed, the hotter we both got and the more she wanted to know. She wanted details, like how she tasted, how she felt, how she sounded, and how it all made me feel. Since these questions always interest me, It was something to see her interested and getting turned on as well.

We were in a "safe" albeit public restaurant and very cozy with each other as the details with Mona became much more graphic and intense. As we talked, I could see us getting sloppy right there if we didn't stop. There was a lot of quasi-discreet playing under the table: touching, caressing and the exploration of our bodies. But we decided to stop there. Kissing ensued in the car, but we both had a busy day ahead and knew it couldn't go further that day.

So things with Rachel were resolved in a way. But as we were driving, she threw me for a little loop. She told me that her boyfriend was out of town in a few weeks and that she wanted us to go "away" for a weekend. "No work or other reality shit to think about" as she put it.

I wasnt expecting to hear that or prepared to deal with it, so I played it off until later. But she has reminded me since and it's fine time to either shit or get off the pot.

The desire to spend time with Rachel is there. She is young, smoking hot and it would surely be a great weekend. But even though the lines are that much more blurred when you have to work with someone, spending that kind of time together may be questionable.

The CS is leaning hard in one direction on this one... but is still pondering.

No comments: